NORTH DAKOTA AMBASSADORS' GATEWAY
Welcome to the North Dakota Team! You have entered the "Ambassadors Gateway."
Ambassadors are former and current North Dakotans who are looking to play the vital role of helping us sell our state to a national audience. As you �sell� our state, we encourage you to think outside the box. Did you just hear about an old classmate who became a leading executive of their company? Has your sales force picked up on a rumor that company ABC is considering an expansion? Is the person in the plane seat next to you talking about needing a change in scenery? These are all potential North Dakota success stories.
This "Gateway" is intended to be a portal for you to stay on top of North Dakota's story, our latest developments, as well as tools and messages you can use.
Ambassadors �Quick� Hits
- News - Our homepage contains fresh information on the latest startups, expansions and recruitment of companies. It also provides links to significant North Dakota rankings.
- Tools � The North Dakota Resume is a quick two page handout for you to utilize in selling our state and its opportunities
- Messages � We have created seven quick messages for our Ambassadors. You are welcome to request a business card with these messages or you can print this page.
- Financial Investments - Access capital quickly with the nation�s only state-owned bank.
- Low Operating Costs - Save money where the cost of doing business is about 7% below the national average.
- Employee Productivity - Turnover under 4% at manufacturing facilities and less than 15% in business service operations. Abesenteeism less than 2%.
- Abundant Energy - Low energy costs in a state with 8 power generation plants.
- Educated Workforce - In 2002, North Dakota students posted the highest SAT scores. Our universities are graduating the intellectual capital of the new economy.
- Wired Network - Nearly 200 communities and 500 physical locations are connected by over 38,000 miles of fiber optic cable.
- Quality of Life - Breathe the cleanest air in the nation. Enjoy the safest state in the nation.
If you are not currently a North Dakota Ambassador, but would like to become one, send an email to [email protected] stating this intention.
If you have specific questions or a business lead, you can
email us or contact us at 1-866-4Dakota (1-866-432-5682).
SUCCESS - We have already experienced our first Ambassador success! The story begins with a business reception in San Francisco hosted by Governor John Hoeven and the ND Department of Commerce in November 2001. The reception included invites to targeted businesses and former North Dakotans. One of those attendees was Mike Marcil, formerly of Fargo, ND. The short story is Mike, being a devout North Dakotan and business consultant, quickly began promoting ND to his business clients. One of those clients, Direct Response Technologies of Pittsburgh, PA, looked at five ND communities for their latest expansion based on Mike�s recommendations. Direct Response recently announced plans to open an office in Beulah, ND, with initial employment of 10 quality jobs and potential growth to 100. Read
more about this exciting story. Who will be part of the next success story?
UPDATE - Five Ambassador training sessions have been held in the following communities:
Latest North Dakota Economic Developments News
- Our homepage contains fresh information on the latest startups, expansions and recruitment of companies. It also provides links to significant North Dakota rankings.
- Press Releases will provide the latest activities of the Department of Commerce.
- Monthly Newsletters offer the latest project announcements, program activities and news. You may receive an electronic version of this as you register to become an Ambassador.
- North Dakota�s Location and Expansion Report is an powerful record of business success in North Dakota. It can be found at the bottom of the �Company Profiles� page.
BACK TO HOME PAGE