American Indian Business Development Office|
North Dakota-based companies that are owned and operated by Native American entrepreneurs now have a place to turn for business development assistance. Established in the spring of 2006, the American Indian Business Development Office provides easy access to people, programs and services that are available to support American Indian business owners and staff.
Director Nathan Berseth works with Native American entrepreneurs to position their companies to successfully compete, especially in the government contracting arena. This includes providing services such as:
- electronic notification of contracting opportunities,
- assistance with applications to government programs such as GSA schedules and SBA certification,
- support with marketing, branding and internet strategies
- access to state and federal resources
- facilitating partnerships between Indian and non-Indian businesses
- workshops, seminars and educational resources
The mission of the Business Development Office is to connect American Indian business owners with more avenues to grow their businesses and create new jobs. This office is intended to be a vehicle to grow the state’s economy and generate employment opportunities throughout Indian country, both on and off the various reservations located throughout North Dakota.
To learn more about the office, contact Nathan Berseth at (701) 356-2662 or e-mail him at [email protected].